Wednesday, November 14, 2007

ups and downs of many kinds

So... a bunch of weird and somewhat harrowing shit has been happening that made me write a really mopey post on here earlier that I took down A) because the circumstances surrounding both shit and mopeyness have changed significantly and B) because it violated my promise not to just mope it up and turn this into a mope-log instead of a blog. So now I'm shifting gears to a important topic- Alter Bridge. I saw an advertisement that billed them thusly, "The most appealing portions of Creed survive in Alter Bridge." Appealing portions of Creed? Who's that? Or maybe they're just referring to the instruments Creed played, or the Christian rocker kid who roadied for them and was actually really nice and never tried to proselytize or anything, or all the organs they could give those in need or what? I think the most appealing 'portion' might be a trick question because there is only one actual portion, and that is by default the most appealing. They wrote a grand total of one song, transposed it to different keys, and changed the lyrics! That's one 'portion'. Also, how blatant can a band be? Alter Bridge write songs by writing the same songs, and then they alter the bridge! Actually to be honest I don't know that's how they write songs but I'm trying to avoid getting the surface of my brain dirty so hopefully I never find out.
I'm glad no one reads this so no one saw me wig out on here earlier today. Hopefully I don't have an epiphany about how much I like Alter Bridge and take this down.

No comments: