Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Secret channels

I wish this blog could be a series of notes written and placed at drop points around the city with contact info for responses but it doesn't seem relevant like it would have during the 1880s. There's not enough magic in the city but I feel like it's fighting the tide to try and reintroduce a sense of mystery. What is relevant now is to embrace the total visibility of the self in the city, and make that presentation powerful. I think that's one reason why I respect really extremely gutter rat crust punk style, is that it understands the idea of the self as spectacle in public and just takes it to its logical conclusion. When you have totally ridiculous fucked up dreadlock mohawk-mullets and tight pants basically made out of shitty looking home screenprinted band patches and a whole bunch of nasty homemade tattoos, its sort of a reversal of the tradition people have in the city of dressing up in a very considered way for work or school or whatever their daily business. It's not just not giving a fuck, it's hating giving a fuck, which is of course a mere reversal of the code of dress but it's at least incomprehensible to the mainstream, for the most part.
Man, Canadian whiskey sucks.
I'm glad my roommates got these cats, they're beautiful little creatures. Well, Bruno is, because he's so nice he blows my mind, but Toots is a little bitch.
I don't want to go anywhere in these long winter months. Fuck it.
If you read my blog you're my favorite.

1 comment:

. said...

there's no magic in the city??????????????????????? are you fucking kidding me. angsty punks are aesthetically pleasing (to me) but at the same time seem to be repressing themselves in their ability to find magic and thats too bad because it is everywhere i tell you EVERYWHERE