Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A MACHINE THAT DISEMBOWELS WOLVES

So I played music again with Aaron and Mike. We're going to get heavier before we get lighter. We're going to fucking crush them all. We're going to steamroll people so hard their minds will pop out of their brains popping out of their pressurized skull cavities. We played through the 'ripper' song we had with southern riffage and stuff and then got to what I'm so stoked about, which is some of the ugliest, noisiest, most evil sounding fucking sludge I've ever played. Samothrace was great but more structured, and this was fucking black. I think I'm going to use the lyrics I wrote for "A Machine That Disembowels Wolves". Mike and I both do vocals, him on a high pitched rasping desperate scream and I on a gut-punched horrible demon's bellow of pain. The song is the sound of being pressed to death with ashen wastes on every side for five thousand miles, with only hungry wolves between you, trapped under rock, and the decimated cities of mankind. The lyrics are about the technology which will kill our species outliving us and being reduced to hunting the resurgent wolves that roam the dead cities. So pretty much, I'm happy with the direction we're going. I want to make the ugliest shit we can, but Aaron and Mike are such cheerful guys and I guess I am too, so we're going to have to smoke a lot more pot until all the pleasure chemicals in our brains have been fully depleted. Maybe do some acid in a completely dark room full of rats. Well, this post is the grimmest shit I've ever written. Suffice to say I'm stoked about this project.

No comments: